Rabbi Berland’s Prayer to Withstand Our Suffering
- With Hebrew to English translation, AND transliteration.
To merit to endure and absorb with love, everything that happens to me. And to be in a state of profound happiness, like our awesome and holy Rabbenu.
- Master of the World, please give me the koach (strength) to withstand everything, and that I will endure everything, and that I will absorb everything, and that I will accept everything with love.
- And everything that happens to me, I should accept it with love.
- And that I shouldn’t judge any other person in the world harshly.
- And I shouldn’t judge others strictly until 120 years.
- And I should have love, harmony and friendship with everyone.
- And I shouldn’t pain any other person in the world.
- And I should just accept everything with deep happiness.
- And that I should always be in a state of deep happiness, like our awesome and holy Rabbenu HaKadosh.
- me remémorant toute ma vie, je me rends compte que toutes les éloges et les richesses dont j'étais si fier ont été transformées en quelque chose d'insignifiant devant ma mort imminente.
- Dans l'obscurité, lorsque je contemple les feux verts de la respiration artificielle et que j’entends le bourdonnement de ses sons mécaniques, je peux sentir le souffle de la proximité de mon décès.
- Après avoir accumulé assez d'argent pour le restant de mes jours, c'est seulement maintenant que je comprends. C’est seulement aujourd’hui que je réalise que nous devons poursuivre des objectifs qui ne sont aucunement liés à la richesse. Ils doivent être quelque chose de plus importants : par exemple, les histoires d'amour, l'art, les rêves de notre enfance...
- D.ieu nous a créés afin que puissions sentir l'amour dans le cœur de chacun de nous, et non pas pour ressentir les illusions construites par la célébrité ou l'argent que j'ai gagné, car je ne pourrai pas les emmener avec moi. Je ne peux emporter avec moi que mes souvenirs qui ont été renforcés par l'amour. Cela est la vraie richesse qui vous suivra, qui vous accompagnera et qui vous donnera la force d’aller de l’avant.
- L'amour peut voyager à des milliers de kilomètres. La vie n'a pas de limites, tu peux aller où tu veux. Fais de ton mieux pour atteindre les objectifs que tu t’es fixés. Tout est entre tes mains.
- Quel est le lit le plus cher du monde ? Le lit d'hôpital. Si vous avez de l'argent, vous pouvez engager une personne pour conduire votre voiture, mais pas pour prendre votre maladie… Les choses matérielles perdues peuvent se retrouver. Mais il y a une chose que vous ne pouvez jamais retrouver lorsque vous la perdez : votre vie.
- Quelle que soit l'étape de la vie dans laquelle nous nous trouvons actuellement, nous devrons finalement affronter le jour où le rideau tombera. L’amour pour votre famille, pour votre mari, pour votre femme, pour vos amis : faites-en un trésor…
- Que chacun agisse avec amour, et prenez soin de votre prochain."
Le Gaon de Vilna a déjà écrit
- « Il existe un moment que l’homme n’est pas en mesure de décrire, ni de mesurer la grandeur, c’est le moment où on accompagne l’homme de sa maison à sa tombe, cet instant où l’âme redevient elle-même. Tous les sens de cet homme se réveillent et il découvre ce qu’il ne pouvait voir lorsqu’il était encore vivant (…) Il voit le résultat de sa vie, il voit que, tout l’argent et l’or pour lesquels il s’était investi n’ont aucune valeur… »
- L’âme réalise alors pleinement la valeur de la vie, et les mitsvot deviennent chères à ses yeux, mais elle ne peut plus les accomplir… Elle dépend désormais uniquement de la bonté des vivants qui par leurs actes pourront lui faire acquérir des mérites dont elle a besoin.
- Intégrons cette leçon en nous dès maintenant, en commençant par appliquer une petite Mitsva, puis une autre... et ne repoussons jamais, car personne ne connait le jour de sa mort.
Uhm hi:> This day I feel so devastated. Because here in Ph. the students study using modules. So last first grading, I work hard and I always stay awake at midnight so that I can finish my modules. And this week I saw my grades, all of them are high except the math subject. I cried infront of my Math teacher. She explains that I didn't submit my answer sheets. LIKE WHAT THE!!!! I ALWAYS STAY AWAKE AT MIDNIGHTS TO DO THAT FUCKING MODULES SPECIALLY IN MATH AND I SAW MY GRADE 75??!!!! AND I FOUND OUT THAT ALL OF MY ANSWER SHEETS ARE MISSING OR MISPLACED BY SOMEONE. JUST AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH ALL OF MY HARDWOKS ARE GONE. I'M SO DEDICATED TO ACHIEVE A HIGH GRADES AND WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH I'VE GOT A FUCKING 75!!!!!!!!!!
When the first lockdown occurred I thought it wasn’t going to be that bad but I started to lose friends and my grandad died but I he was to far to travel for the funeral so I became depressed and almost at the end of giving up my life. But, the email that saved me was a congratulations to being offered a place to UOB to study my dream course. it gave me reassurance that I will be okay and that I need to put my trust in God. Fast forward to this current lockdown, it hasn’t been easy especially feeling stressed and alone at home but this year I gained people to support me even when I am feeling at my worse and I know how to get back up when I’ve fallen down. I’ve just found out about this website and wanted to share that even at your lowest point in life you will feel alone but seek help even if it’s just for company; it’s better to be with someone then to feel and be alone X
I am concerned to notice rising intolerance & prejudice during this difficult time of pandemic. There is increase racism, numerous complaints ( true & falsified) by hospital staff ( clinical & non-clinical) against black & Asian clinicians. London publication headline “ THERE ARE 2 PANDEMICS HAPPENING IN UK - COVID & RACISM”. There is little support for people subjected to domestic abuse during lockdown. To reduce the impact of the pandemic, what we need is the opposite ie unity, tolerance & kindness. A lot of doctors are actively planning to retire early or returning to India & East Europe.
we need to oppose all kinds of prejudices eg sexism, racism, anti-semitism, Islamophobia, nazism Etc. We need more awareness of Unconscious/ Implicit bias.
we can rebuild a prosperous future in a short period if we work together using the plethora of innovation developing so fast.
a UK Medical doctor
Covid has been a really hard time, especially whilst doing A levels, there’s little to no support and the situation concerning exams is so unknown and keeps getting delayed.
The pressure put on us to achieve high grades when we’ve missed half the year is so unreasonable.
My mental health has declined rapidly I’ve always had issues but I’ve recently had to call my doctors and organise some help.
I feel like students are misunderstood a repeatedly told we are just making excuses for not working yet I’m working so hard and feel completely behind and alone
Well guys, we've nearly been a year with covid-19. Just wow!
Looking back, i have had some special times made with my children this year. Being in lockdown has bought us all alot closer together, we have all made more time for each other. We have enjoyed the days out walking, and nights spent playing games.
Being a key worker, my children have had to continue at school so i can work.
Something which they have found very hard, due to friends not attending. But i think they have secretly been grateful for. It has kept their routine pretty similar to the norm, and they have been able to interact with people other than myself and my partner.
I am so very grateful for the teachers ensuring they are kept as safe as possible during these crazy times, and adapting to the "new school" days.
I am also grateful my children see us going to work everyday, and appreciate we are tired and exhausted wgen we return home.
But, keeling the talking around the dinner table, followed by a family fame each night keeps us sane. Planning a nice walk and movie each weekend, is keeping us sane. The small moments we catch up with family when lockdown allows & via Internet is so special now, when once was taken for granted.
Stay humble everyone, appreciate what you have 😍
Wear correct masks, not face coverings. Correct masks, are N95 or N99 or particle masks by 3M.
Face coverings will not keep you protected or stop your own particles from spreading.
UK citizens need to listen to their militsiya and do what they say.
I read stories on news of people getting fined for going out of local jurisdiction, feeling shocked when Pm has made law.
Do what they say, then R number will drop, ease of lockdown will begin, but stop being selfish!!
covid 19 negatively impacted my life. I am a financially independent person and with work being shut since the first lockdown my income has been very low. I understand that the furlough scheme was put in place to support us but it's not enough. On top of that I am a btec student who has been put at a disadvantage from other students. The government announced A level exams would be cancelled but didn't say anything about btecs. At this stage I was very anxious and nervous about the outcome of my grades so I stayed up revising non stop only for the government to announce that btecs would be cancelled with less that a weeks notice. I was relived but at the same time panicked because I don't want my grades to be based on my dedication to online learning as I find it very difficult to understand work over online lessons. I just hope that the grade I am awarded is fair and accurate so I have a chance at attending university. I strongly believe that if the government had been more vigilant and strict at the start of the pandemic then maybe we wouldn't be in this situation now as many other countries have been able to rid their citizens of the virus. Another thing I want to point out is how unjust boris johnson has been over the course of the pandemic, I am a Muslim and for us our eid was cancelled the night before and certain restrictions were set in place to ensure we couldn't celebrate, however boris allowed the restrictions to ease when Christmas came around ensuring families could meet and celebrate together. I am very disappointed with how the country is handling the pandemic. The government has not been able to protect us in this time of need.
Create for you, World!
This is the project that my school is organizing across the world.
Currently, I need to make some sort of a gift or a letter or anything for that project and I'm thinking of making a cringy but fun rap video
I hope everyone is coping well, I am a secondary school student and have found the situation overwhelming.The school work is intense.
i hope you are safe!
Thank you for visiting my website. I created 'Letters to the World" as I felt during times like these it is essential people don't feel alone, even if living alone. I hope you feel comfortable to share your letter. Thank you for visiting my site.